The HEI partners constituting this consortium have been selected among many other potential partners and the major reason for this decision are some similarities and some dis‐similarities in the expertise but these complement each‐other very well which are required for achieving the objectives of this project.
Geospatial sciences provide a common denominator among all the project partners. All the partner institutions are implementing Geospatial methodologies and technologies in education and research at their home institutions.
The experts involved in this project present a variety of disciplinary backgrounds and this provides strong interdisciplinary / multidisciplinary capabilities to this consortium for achieving the objectives.
- University of Salzburg is specialised in OpenGIS, SDI and Real Time GIS
- Placky University Olomouc, Czech Republic, is specilised in Cartography and GeoVisualisation
- University of Sustainable Developmnet Eberswalde, Germany, is specialised in Remote Sensing and Natural Resource Management i.e. Forestry and Agriculture
- Stichining VU‐VMC, Netherlands is specialised in Spatial Economics, GeoDesign and Civil Protection Management
- Nanjing Normal University, China is specilised in Terrain Modelling and 3 Dimessional Modelling
- Wuhan University is specialised in designig Virtual socio‐economic enviroments like Smarts Cities and Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Xinjian Institute of Ecology and Geographgy is specialised in Arid Ecosystem Analysis and Climate Change analysis and Adaptation Strategy
- Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand is specialised in HealthGIS and Marine Resorce and Coastal Zone Management
- Chiang Mai University is specialed in Disater Risk Analysis and Commercial Plantation Suitability Analysis
- King Mohkut’s University of Technology Thormbury is specialised in Participatory GIS and Food Security Analysis
There are also 3 Associate Partners involved in this project whose main role is to support dissemination, publication and multiplier effects:
- Geoinformatics International – Journal and Conference
- Geospatial Media & Communications ‐ Magazines and Conferences
- UNIGIS International Association – Distance Education Initiative for Life‐Long Learning